Product Development Assistant
Supports the Product Development and Production Departments
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary job function of this role is to provide administrative and operational support to the Product Development Manager such as organizing samples, preparing presentation materials, and understanding the ins and outs of production and development schedules
- Following and maintaining the development schedule. Working closely with the development/design team for answers and confirmation in order to meet development deadlines.
- Provide general administrative support, such as organizing samples and preparing presentation materials
- Creating and maintaining development WIP documents
- Assist in creating and maintaining tech packs for new and existing styles.
- Manage prototype & salesman sample schedules through daily direct communication with vendors
- Monitor changes throughout the development cycle to ensure proper adjustments are made
- Track trim and color approvals for the season
- Communicate with the production team by transitioning off styles/collections information
- Enforce the company’s quality standards and expectations when dealing with factories, while at the same time maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Assisting the production team in all capabilities.
- Be able to work autonomously and be a team player
- 1+ years’ experience in apparel production
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to manage multiple different projects at once
- Knowledge of garment and fabric construction, terminology, measurements, and workmanship
- Ability to accurately measure a garment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must have reliable transportation, valid CA driver’s license, and proof of insurance
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Google Sheets
- Able to manage multiple prioritize and meet deadlines
- Spanish speaking is a plus
Working Environment / Conditions
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Position requires driving throughout the day to various factories around LA
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor under pressure
- Ability to react and adapt to change
- Sit, stand, lift up to 50lbs
THIS IS AN IN-HOUSE POSITION & APPLICANTS MUST BE LOCAL TO THE SANTA BARBARA/VENTURA AREA. PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YESENIA@JOAHBROWN.COM